The rain has found us once again, friends. Have you noticed? I’ve been thinking that the world in general is a little bit on the rainy side lately in terms of drama, heartache and overall fear and sadness. It’s a bummer out there. I’m wearing a shirt today from Imy’s Joy that says “CHOOSE JOY!” and it has been hitting close to my heart today. We have a choice, you know. Amidst all the heartache, the fear, the drama, the social media chaos, we can always choose joy. So in that spirit I bring you 4 of my favorite cookie recipes perfect for making on a rainy day + my favorite brownies. Making these with my kids brings me joy. The kitchen might get a little messy and the dishes may pile up (it’s okay – my husband is in charge of that part) but it’s all in the name of joy!
- Molasses Cookies – chewy, soft molasses cookies that fill your kitchen with a delightful fall aroma. Hint: I always double the recipe. Or, triple it and put one batch in the freezer so you can easily whip some up. Trust me, you will want to do that.
- Kitchen Sink Cookies – You can buy these from Panera. They are a bit spendy but oh my word! I have tried making a copycat recipe at home and it was pretty good, but I’m not a super baker so they weren’t the same. Hint: don’t look at how many calories these have. It’s not important.
- Monster cookies – When I make these I always put half the dough in the freezer so I can easily make a pan here or there and they are warm and gooey. They are so delicious. I am a fan of soft cookies and these have something to love for everyone.
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies – Who first paired chocolate with peanut butter? Who knows but what I do know is this cookie recipe brings it to the next level. Peanut butter cups are in these! Make these right now.
- BROWNIES! The best brownies of all time (in my opinion) are the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate brownies. These come in a box and they are perfect. You can buy them on Amazon or at Costco. 3 pack at Costco. Just sayin’.
Get out your baking apron and give one of these recipes a try. Or, bust out a family favorite and have some fun. Another hint: If you don’t want to go to the grocery store because it is so rainy or it’s hard to get the kids ready or whatever reason (you don’t even need a reason) you can order ingredients from Amazon Prime Now. Totally did it recently. I ran out of baking powder and boom it was to my house in a couple hours.
Now it’s your turn! What brings you joy?