It’s hard to know how to help our brothers and sisters in Texas when it feels so far away. However, there are tangible things we can all do assist, even from here.
- CNN has a great list of ways to assist. You can do everything from having diapers shipped to giving blood. There is something EVERYONE can do on this list.
- King 5 put together a list specifically for the NW.
- Learn from others who have been through it. This is a tangible list of reminders for friends and family that are in the midst of the flood. Remind them of these simple things and jump in where you can!
- Texas Monthly has an extensive way to help everyone, including: kids, pets, those with medical needs and more. Some are local options and some are for those outside the area.
- Give to organizations collecting donations. Right now financial support is very helpful.
- Pray. Join with us to lift up the entire area in prayer. And, pray for the specific ways you feel called to assist. If you are having trouble finding the right words, read this beautiful prayer by listener, Robin Lee.
Father God, I pray for all those who are stuck today. I pray that You would wash them with the peace that passes all understanding. I pray that every minute of sleep they get gives an hour of restorative rest. I pray You would send signs and they would see hope. I pray confidence for victory from this awful nightmare. I pray for the fatigue of the rescue workers. May their hearts be nourished with strength and vitality. Lord, I pray fervently that the tipping point would move in positive direction. Move the water away and close up the clouds. May wisdom and compassion and generosity reign in the hearts of all in the area. May this be an incredible moment of unity and peace between people. In the mighty and powerful name of Jesus I pray, And all God’s people said AMEN.
We each have a part to play! Together, we can make the biggest impact. Do you have family and friends in the Texas area? Let us know in the comments so we can pray for them specifically!