Evergreen Beauty College is opening a Mount Vernon Beauty School. Currently, #EvergreenBeautyCollege trains students in fields of Cosmetology and Hairdressing, Esthetics and Skincare, Nail Technology, Make-Up Artistry, Barbering and Instructor Trainee in the cities of Bellevue, Everett, Renton, and Yakima, WA.
What Will Evergreen Beauty College Bring to the Skagit & Whatcom Communities?
For motivated individuals seeking a career in the beauty industry, Evergreen Beauty College is an accredited learning community that provides students with the training, skills, confidence, and opportunity for success. Unlike traditional beauty schools, Evergreen addresses the inner student in a supportive family atmosphere where each one can discover his or her own dignity, worth, and hope for the future. Evergreen Beauty College has built their brand by evolving and becoming a landmark in their local communities. Now the Trieu Family (owners of Evergreen Beauty College) will be opening their 5th location at 509 S 1st Street, Mount Vernon, WA 98273. This location used to be the formally known 2 story building of Gretchen’s Kitchen. A little about Evergreen’s intention in Skagit & Whatcom County:
- An Accredited Esthetics & Skincare Program for Northern Washington State! For many years, Evergreen has trained estheticians that have driven hours, to the Everett campus vanpooling from cities such as Bellingham, Sedro-Woolley, Lynden, Mount Vernon, Burlington, Anacortes all over the Whatcom and Skagit counties. The initial programs Evergreen will be offering and enrolling for in the Mount Vernon location will be:
- Hair Design
- Community Impact – In 2015, Seattle Business Magazine awarded Evergreen Beauty College the “Community Impact Award – Creation and Workforce Development”.
- Evergreen has been known for the job creation in the beauty industry through their training programs.
- Becoming a local community landmark has been the strategy for EBC. An example is their annual Bringing Beauty Back to School Event where they donate free haircuts for kids, skincare and nail services for families. In August of 2018, Evergreen students and staff donated over 1600 services for their local communities. Check out their Facebook to see all the local events they host and involved with in their local communities.
- A Positive Workplace Employment
- Seattle Business Magazine has named Evergreen one of the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For the last 5 years in a row for employers in Washington State.
- It is simple and clear why this organization exists and why their employees do what they do: to build their lives through building the lives of their students.
Why Mount Vernon?
Do you know where the founder of Evergreen Beauty College first home was in Washington State after she immigrated and escaped Vietnam? Well you guessed it, good old Mount Vernon! We can’t really say that is the reason why Evergreen is opening in Mount Vernon, but Mama Thi was sure excited to be able to come back to a community that provided so many beginnings for her family.
For almost the last 2 decades, the Trieu Family has been asked by EBC graduates to open a school farther north than their Everett location. Students felt a calling to attend Evergreen because of their culture that creates a community of Believing, Belonging and Becoming. Over the years, the Trieu family did not have the capacity to grow up north, but as time has passed, an overwhelming number of graduates have become beauty professionals and employers and more of them from the north end have earned the credential to teach in the beauty field and requested to join the team. Therefore, the hardest task the Trieu Family has shared of starting a school is not the construction, but having the right staff members who understand the culture so they can create, invite and spread it to the new community.
The intention for choosing the Mount Vernon location:
- Serve in a market that EBC could make an impact in and would benefit and accept the culture of Evergreen
- Be at a location that serves the north end market. Mount Vernon was far enough north of Everett to reduce the distant for the Whatcom County but also provide access to the members in the Oak Harbor area.
- Be part of the revitalization project of Downtown Mount Vernon – It is exciting to be part of the change to improve one of the most beautiful areas near the Riverwalk in Washington State. Bless the Tulips!
EBC is excited and hopes you can help add to the culture they are known for in their local communities of Bellevue, Everett, Renton, Yakima and now Mount Vernon, Washington.
What We Need Your Help With
To have a successful impact and contribute to the Whatcom & Skagit beauty community, we need the help of those in the greater Mount Vernon community as well as those all in the beauty industry across the country. We need your help in sharing what Evergreen Beauty College is trying to accomplish in the Northern Washington area.
Let good candidates that would make good Hair Designers, Cosmetologists, Estheticians, and Make-Up Artist know where to go to school. We need your help to help us find good staff members to build a healthy and supportive learning environment for our students through good educators, admission counselors, financial counselors, guest coordinators as well as directors.
We need your help in letting us know and where are good places for our students to be employed in the neighborhood salons and spas as well as let salons and spas know that we are here and can work together. Lastly, we need you help to come in and allow our students to have people to learn and perfect their craft. Thank you in advance for all of your help in improving the beauty industry and contributing to the Mount Vernon community!
Meet the Owners
Evergreen Beauty College is a family owned business. They were voted “Family Business of the Year” in 2013 for small businesses. They are involved with the cosmetology board locally for Washington State, regionally as part of the board of Northwest Career College Federation as well as on a national level through the American Association of Cosmetology Schools where they have a current family member serving as President of the Association representing cosmetology schools all across the country. See and learn more about the family by clicking here for their bios.