You made it to Wednesday. Welcome. In case you missed it this morning, Ana has your news highlights of the day. Special thanks to our news sponsor Shane Co. More than just a jewelry store, Shane Co. is your friend in the jewelry business.
- They are heading home! The boys trapped in the Thai cave for almost 2 weeks are out of the hospital. They were all wearing their soccer uniforms, holding soccer balls and kicking them to each other as they headed into a press conference to talk about the cave ordeal.
- The Seattle City Council has made a decision on the toll rates for the 99 tunnel. The range will be $1.25 during the early morning hours to $2.25 during peak hours. Weekends will be $1.00. The tolls will cover $200 million of the multi million dollar project. The tunnel should be open by Thanksgiving.
- Seattle police are warning folks about fire alarm burglaries. Neighborhoods being hit are Ballard, Phinney Ridge and the U District. The thieves open the door, pull the fire alarm and then wait for tenants to leave. They look for unlocked units.
- Jean Segra had a good night at the All-Star game! He hit a 3 home run shot to give AL West a 5 to 2 lead. The American League won 8-6. The Mariner’s will return home Friday.
- The Girl Scouts are giving the Boy Scouts a run for their money. They are offering 30 new badges.