Happy Monday! We are so glad you decided to start your work week with us. Our news this week is brought to you by YellowVan Handyman. For only $8,000 YOU can own your own Handyman Franchise. They’ll do all the business stuff. You just get your handy on.
In other news…
- One of the most beautiful views of our city and the sound will soon will become a thing of the past as the city begins working out details of a new 99 tunnel thru downtown Seattle. On the agenda this week is toll rates. Tolls could range from $1.50 to $2.25 during peak driving times.
- The Supreme Court is ruling in favor of Jack Phillips, the baker who would not a make a wedding cake for a same sex couple. The justices voted 7-2 that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission violated Phillips’ rights under the First Amendment.
- Lots of Graduation ceremonies across the country and in our backyard over the weekend. It was an emotional day as students in Parkland Florida honored 4 seniors who were lost in the school tragedy. On a bright note, the students were surprised by commencement speaker and late night host, Jimmy Falon.
- A huge victory in the fight against breast cancer. Doctors, in a landmark study, say most women with common form of early-stage breast cancer can skip chemotherapy without hurting their chances of beating the disease.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and his wife Ciara spent the weekend in Portland trying to get a major-league baseball team to come to the Rose city.
- It was awesome weekend of sports. The Mariner’s sweep the Tampa Bay Rays! That puts the Mariners in first place in AL West.
- AND…..for the first time in 10 years the Washington Huskies are going to the softball championships!! The lady Dawgs upset the Sooners over the weekend. The Best-of-three game finals start today at Florida state with the first pitch at 4pm tonight.