It’s happening! The sun is shining and the warm weather is here. Did you see the forecast for this week, friends? Oh glorious sun!
It is time for a quick refresher on some hot day guidelines, tips, safety reminders and best practices! Did you know that heat has killed more people in the last 10 years than any other weather phenomena?
1. DO NOT leave kids and pets in the car. Just don’t do it. Their bodies can’t regulate the heat.
2. Don’t forget the sunscreen, sunglasses and sun hats. Keep one at home and one in the car and you’ll always be prepared.
3. Be aware. At work, at home, out and about – take a moment to think about what you will need so you are prepared in all situations.
4. Know the signs of heat stroke and heat exhaustion.
5. Stay hydrated. Don’t wait until you feel parched. Sip small amounts throughout the day. Here are some things to add to your diet!
- Enough water!
- Herbal Teas
- Natural fruits & veggies: watermelon, grapefruit, cantaloupe, berries, oranges, peaches, pineapple, cucumber, celery, iceberg lettuce, zucchini, tomato, bell peppers, cauliflower, eggplant, raw spinach, carrots
Alright, you are prepared and ready to enjoy those hot summer days. Bring it on!