Afternoon! In case you missed the news this morning with Tom & Ana, here is a brief recap. Special thanks to Sky Nursery for sponsoring our news this week.
- Sirens brought Israelis to a national standstill Thursday as the country remembered the 6 million Jews who died in the Holocaust. Buses and cars stopped on Israeli streets and passengers stepped out of their vehicles to commemorate the observance of the start of Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- The U.S. is considering a strike on Syria. The President put Putin on notice saying on Twitter that Russia should get ready. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said the President holds Syria and Russia responsible for the recent chemical attack.
- The new Mayor of Tacoma gave the state of the city address last night. She talked about job growth, housing affordability, homelessness and immigration. Tacoma is one of 6 cities in the county getting the Mayors’ Institute on Opioids, which will help combat the epidemic.
- There is a new Chick-fil-A in town!! Hundreds are waiting out the new location in Covington. Many actually camped out all night– for a reason! The first 100 customers through the door win Chick-fil-A meals for a year!
- This is a reminder to never give up on your dreams! 32-year-old Andre Ingraham had been playing for the Los Angeles Lakers “minor” team for the last 10 years. He thought it would be his last game (because he is retiring) but who walks into the team meeting…none other than Hall of Famer…. Magic Johnson. He said to Andre, “Suit up! You are going to the BIGS!” From a part-time math tutor to oldest American rookie of all time! Ingraham had a great game with the Lakers last night ….19 points and 4 out of 5 three pointers. AND he got the game ball.
- Today is National Grilled Cheese Day!!! So how do you like your grilled cheese? Here are 10 places in Seattle to find a good one. We’d love to hear what you love on your grilled cheese. Join us on Facebook for the conversation.