Top News Stories with Tom & Ana (April 5, 2018) Brought to you by GET
Hope you are having a wonderful day so far! Check out the Top News Stories from this morning:
- If you use Facebook, the company wants you to know something! Your personal information has most likely been given to a third party. 87 million users have had their privacy hacked; 40 million more than originally suspected. Founder, Mark Zuckerberg, is heading to Washington DC to answer questions about all of this on Capitol Hill next month.
- President trump makes a bold move and sends thousands of National Guards to help protect the border. Apparently, there has been a surge of illegal immigrants heading over the US border from Mexico to the US.
- A new superintendent for the Seattle school district has finally been chosen. Her name is Denise Juno. She was the Chief of Public Schools in Montana and the first Native American superintendent in Seattle’s history.
- This is a cool story! Luke Cherry, a freshman in Tennessee, is a viral sensation because of his mad baseball skills. He is a one-arm catcher! He has figured out to throw, catch and hit with one arm! Luke lost his arm at 19 months old after contracting E.coli. The Baltimore Orioles heard the news and asked him to be the catcher for the opening home game of the season.
- The reindeer migration in Canada is a beautiful sight. More than 3,200 reindeer are making a 100-mile trek through the Canadian Tundra. Is this what they do when they are not delivering presents?
- Forget snow day! Classes are canceled in Philadelphia so everyone can attend the Villanova parade! Tens of thousands expected turn out on the streets to honor the 2018 NCAA champions.
We would love for you to tune in every weekday from 6-10 AM and join us for more Top News Stories. Join us on Facebook for more fun!