As you know we are encouraging everyone to participate in serving this summer. We’d love to hear what you are doing so we can update our time tracker. We hope to collectively reach 100K in service hours as a community. Can we do it? I think so!
Here are some local ways you can serve!
Join the north end community to make a difference in our schools. SPIRIT will be onsite assisting and we want to rally around the community to get as many volunteers as possible. Will you join us?
Register online at www.communityserveday.org
Date & Time: Sunday August 21, 9am-1pm
Where do I meet? At the school where they have registered to volunteer. Select a school and register at www.communityserveday.org.
What type of projects will I be working on? Most projects involve either helping a teacher organize/setup a classroom for the new year, or helping beautify the school (painting and landscaping mostly) in prep for the new year
What age volunteers are needed? All ages, families are encouraged to serve together, no child care provided.
Option 1: Help a home build project in north Everett. Called Phoenix II, this home is going to be dedicated to the families affected by Oso. Wednesdays and Saturdays are the normal build days and if there is demand more days will be added. Weather is a factor to this schedule.
Option 2: BIGGEST NEED -The Habitat for Humanity stores are primarily run by volunteers and we could use a lot of help. This job requires working with customers and donors. The stores are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10-5 with volunteers showing up around 9:30 for orientation.
Option 3: Are you good at office work? Join us for general things like running reports and preparing mailings. Our small staff could use your help. We have a really large mailing project upcoming that will reach between 7,500 and 10,000 people in Snohomish County. We need all hands on deck.
TO SIGN UP: Go to www.habitatsnohomish.org (Click on GET INVOLVED at top and then go to GROUP/CORPORATION ) Register to volunteer under team captain “SPIRIT 105.3”
- Volunteer in our administration offices in the Rainier Valley.
- Volunteer with homeless women & children in Redmond.
- Looking for volunteer dentists, hygienists, & dental students!
- Volunteer in our food & clothing warehouse.
- Volunteer with homeless women & children in Belltown.
- Volunteer at our women & children’s shelter in Rainier Valley.
- Volunteer at our women’s day center in Kent.
- Looking for volunteer attorneys, paralegals, & law students!
- Volunteer at our downtown shelter in Pioneer Square.
- Volunteer at our men’s program residence in Burien.
- Ride in a Mission van to bring food & more to Seattle’s homeless.
- Tutor a child, provide a meal, change a life!
- Provide woodshop training to formerly gang-affiliated youth.
SIGN UP: Go online to set up for any of these opportunities: http://ugm.volunteerhub.com/events/index
We look forward to watching our community come together to make a big difference in our community this summer. Report your hours worked via the service blog so we can update our time tracker. Together let’s reach 100K service hours!!