Each weekday morning, Steve & Amy share the top news stories your friends & families might be talking about. Looking for more than just the headline they shared? Click the links below.
Marathon bombing suspect to make first court appearance in more than a year— He is expected to be in court again today. He has pleaded not guilty to the bombing, which killed three and left more than 260 injured. If convicted, he could face the death penalty.
If you love bacon and chocolate? Those are just a couple of the things you can expect to pay more for next year, thanks to droughts and increased demand.
Here are a few things going up in price in 2015:
• Avocados – It looks like 2015 will be the year of the avocado shortage, largely because we are eating too many of them.
• Chocolate – Top chocolate manufacturers have warned of a cocoa shortage.
• Air Travel – Fuel prices have been falling, but airlines are increasing their prices.
• Hotels – Business travel is up and unemployment is down, so rates will continue to tick up.
• Coffee – A drought in Brazil — the world’s largest grower of coffee — will cause prices to increase.
• Redbox Rentals – As of January 6, the price of renting a video game from a Redbox kiosk will increase from $1 to $3 per day. In December, Redbox raised DVD rentals by 30 cents to $1.50 per day, while Blu-Ray disc rentals increased by 50 cents to $2 per day.
The next time a guy you know gets the flu, you may want to show him a little more sympathy. A new study shows that men may be more likely to catch the flu than women and suffer more from the symptoms.
Federal Way Police say it appears a serial robber has held up at least fifteen 7-Eleven stores since November 26th in the South Sound area. Five of the incidents happened in Federal Way. the man acts like he is going to buy something, then he pulls out a handgun and demands cash. Police believe that the person is getting more brazen maybe, a little more brave, because so far he has been successful with what he is doing.