Every year homeowners suffer thousands of dollars of property damage that could have been prevented.
We created the I.D. for Free tagging program to help you limit or prevent property damage by knowing what to do before and during a water or natural gas emergency.
I.D. for Free is easy and simple. Our technicians will label all the accessible water and natural gas shutoff valves in your home, requested by you, with easy-to-see, water and tear resistant identity tags. And we’ll do it for free!
Plus, we’ll show you how to turn off the valves, and teach you what to do when gas odor is present or there is a water emergency.
I.D. for Free is our way of helping you limit personal and property damage as quickly as possible. We highly recommend that you share the information with everyone living in the home.
I.D. for Free is intended for Home Owners of Single Family Residences and Owners of Single Family Rental Housing. To qualify for this No-Charge service the following criteria s be met:
- You must be the owner of the home.
- The home must be your primary residence or residential rental property owned by you.
- Work must be ordered by you, not your renter.
- You need to meet us at the site and be available during our visit.
The scheduling will be either the 1st call of the day, or a 2 hour ‘window’ where we will call when we are on the way so that we can be sure for both of us that we meet in a timely manner & don’t have to wait for each other.
What Will We Label?
I.D. for Free labels are waterproof, and tear resistant. If any valve on your system needs to be labeled, we will identify it with one of our tags. This could include the following:
- Main house water shut-off
- The Gas Shut-off on any gas appliance (Water Heater, Range, BBQ, Furnace, Boilers, etc…)
- Water heater Cold Water shut-off.
- Water Heater Circuit Breaker on Electric Tanks.
- Emergency shut offs and Isolation valves, which are sometimes in unique locations.
The following will not qualify for the No-Charge Service: Commercial and large, Multi-family Rental Properties. i.e. apartment buildings …normally these are managed by Property Management Companies.