Real Life Needs Real Encouragement

Perhaps joy seems to find you naturally. You wake up ready for the day, bounding with positive thoughts and energy and no matter what comes your way, you’re able to stay positive and just smile.

This email is for the rest of us. :)

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about me is that I have a naturally sunny disposition. That couldn’t be further from the truth! I tend to lean “glass half empty” most of the time, and struggled deeply with Postpartum Depression after the birth of both my daughter and son. I tend to focus on those who are suffering and hurting, then I start asking why, and if I’m not careful, I can get stuck in a very dark place.

Thus, the reason I need music that reframes my perspective. I’m so grateful for the music on Spirit 105.3. Songs that run deeper than warm feelings and positive thinking.  Lyrics that speak Gods truth – the foundation we are building our lives on. And that foundation is secure.

So.. the next time you're having one of those 'real life' discouraging moments, launch the SPIRIT 105.3 Mobile app, turn on your car radio or find us on the web and tune in to hear some real encouragement. Meet you there!

God bless,

Sarah Taylor

1. Ann posted on 05/28/2014 11:47 AM
    This couldn't have come a better time! As my children and I struggle through the house-buying process, with more pitfalls than hilltops, I need to grasp hold of encouragement and not allow the difficult circumstances to dictate perspective! Seek His Face in all that we do! Bless you, Sarah!
    ~ Ann, Adryanna and Caleb
  2. Ann posted on 05/28/2014 01:00 PM
    Sarah, How amazing is our God? As I woke this morning full of sadness and hurt, I thought, "If only I could have a chat with Sarah, I have a feeling she'd understand and could give me some good advice." And, here you are! Thank you for your message. I really appreciate it. Love, Ann
    PS: This must have hit an ANN nerve! :)
  3. LeeH_2 posted on 05/28/2014 02:40 PM
    Sarah,

I love how "real" you are and not afraid to admit it. People think we, as Christians, have a perfect life or believe we should have because we have found favor with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This couldn't be farther from the truth. I would like to ask an honest question of 105.3. I have been listening since I can't remember when and I support the station monthly. But...I heard an advertisement about something yesterday that mentioned "Rick Warren" and I was alarmed. Not at what the ad said but that it said anything at all. I am trying to give Grace here and not trying to spread bad words about others, but I have been studying recently and I have reason to believe we maybe don't want to back Rick Warren like we used to. I would ask that your station investigate this and make up your own mind. 2 valuable resources would be Jack VanImpe and Hal Lindsay. One word to investigate would be "CHRISLAM". Thank you so much for your work and dedication and for giving the listeners a music station above all others. God Bless you all.
    Lee
  4. May posted on 05/28/2014 08:11 PM
    If I did not rely on Jesus, every minute of every day, I would not be having a sunny, joyous disposition every day. Over the course of my life, after turning 18 and turning my back on our Lord, I had so much sadness and disappointments. Even went through a very dark time. Ten years ago, I found my way back to God, when I had to go through a year of Hepatitis C treatment. It was very grueling treatment for a year. Some going through the treatment, commited suicide or quit early on. The side effects are extremely bad and I had every single side effect, that the booklet talked about. When I asked our God to take me back, he welcomed me, with open arms. He was the one that brought me to it and brought me through it. I glorify him every day. He is so awesome. Thank you for sharing your story, Sarah and I am ever so grateful for Spirit105.3, because it is so uplifting. The songs that are played, always come at the right time, when I need to hear a message.
  5. Heather Sweet posted on 05/29/2014 09:53 AM
    I appreciate your 'realness' Sarah. Thank you, My Sister in Christ, for sharing this with us.
  6. Lisa posted on 05/30/2014 11:20 AM
    Thanks so much for that, Sarah! We so often think those around us always have their stuff together, and we are the only ones who don't! Thanks for being real :)
  7. kikas posted on 06/01/2014 07:34 AM
    Sarah, thank you for sharing your innermost struggle. I appreciate it so much! I tend to think the grass is greener on the other side. I know not true, but have issues really applying the Truth as a christian woman with so many family issues! My greatest desire is for my sons and grandchildren join me in the Eternal Life with Christ! Life takes its toll. Praise God He will see us through it All! kika
  • Opa! Time To Find That Passport!

SPIRIT 105.3 is heading to the Greek islands to retrace the footsteps of the Apostle Paul. Your bible will come to life as we explore the ancient land where Paul made missionary journeys. I have never been to Greece so I’m very excited to share this amazing journey with you. I’m brushing up on the Greek language as we speak. ;-) Read More