Encouragement and Prayer Support When We Need It

You know how just when you need it God provides us with encouragement from something someone says or we read?  Well that's how I felt when I read Larry Lomax's SPIRIT e-blast blog post a few weeks ago.  I have a good friend, Christine, whose father died unexpectedly several weeks ago and she's really struggling with the sudden loss and all the feelings that go with it.

It's especially hard when we lose someone suddenly like Christine did and I did when my mother had a fatal heart attack twenty one years ago.  It's hard to believe it's been that long ago.  I still miss her and think about her often.  Then within the past 7 years, I lost both my father and brother to cancer, and then Janet, my best friend since childhood, died suddenly, and another longtime friend, Monica, lost her battle with cancer last year.  I've dealt with a lot of grief and pain in my life with many more relatives and friends that have also passed away throughout the years.

So, when I read Larry's wonderful SPIRIT blog post, I was so encouraged by it that I immediately forwarded it to Christine in hopes that it might encourage her too.  If you haven't read it yet and listened the inspiring songs he posted in the link, I encourage you to do so by clicking here to get to Larry's Spirit blog post.

In addition to asking you to pray for my friend Christine and her family, I would also like to ask you to pray for me. I had a bad fall recently landing face down on the cement and sustained injuries that I'm in the processing of recovering from including a concussion, broken nose (shattered into 10 pieces!) and a wound on my nose that required 13 stitches, plus a complete full-thickness tear of my subscapularis (rotator cuff) when my shoulder dislocated during the fall.  My rotator cuff shoulder surgery is coming up soon that I'd really appreciate your prayers for.

God has already been working in amazing ways with my healing through prayers from the SPIRIT staff, my family and friends.  He promises to always be there for us when we rely on Him for the strength to get us through all our struggles in life.  I cling to that promise like you may be doing, too, for something you're going through.  I also encourage you to enlist the prayer support of others to help you through it.

If we can pray for you in any way, please let us know.  Just click here and let the large SPIRIT family of listeners start praying for you.  You are an important part of our SPIRIT family and we love and care about you!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
  Isaiah 41:10

Love and blessings,

Martha Hadley

1. Carol posted on 05/07/2014 09:19 AM
    We'll be praying for you, Martha! Thanks for letting us be part of your support team -- that's what family is for!
  2. Sharon posted on 05/07/2014 09:38 AM
    I most definitely will be praying for your friend and for you. I had a similar accident several years ago and ended up with 125 stitches in my face. God, in His mercy, put me in the hands of a wonderful surgeon the repaired my face. I am praying for a a complete recovery for you Martha, and for peace and healing for Christine.
  3. katelon posted on 05/07/2014 10:00 AM
    So sorry for your losses and your injury. Grief is a tough one and I've experience much of that in my life, too. Sending on prayers and healing energy for you! May your recover quickly and easily with grace and ease!
  4. Barbara Smith posted on 05/07/2014 12:34 PM
    My heart is sad from all your personal losses and your own physical health after your fall. For me personally, it took a few years to accept my father passing away at 52 and then my sister being killed by a drunk driver at 53. Now though, through prayers and tears I truly believe they are happy, joyful and full of Gods love for them. It makes my heart feel wonderful to know that. My prayers to you that you heal fast and that you can find peace in God and his son, Jesus Christ that your family members and friends are being loved more than we will ever know until it's our time to be with The Lord. Bless you.
  5. Maggie Lenox posted on 05/08/2014 10:21 AM
    So sorry to hear of your losses and injuries. God bless and heal you quickly. Thank you for your encouragement to others at a time when you need it most. God is doing a beautiful work in and through you. My family listens to Spirit 105.3 all day, it is always playing even through the night as we sleep. There is a spirit of peace and hope that fills our house and lives as these songs of praise and words of life are spoken and we receive them. THANKFULLY Maggie and family
  6. Jayme posted on 05/12/2014 12:33 PM
    Like many of you, I too have lost many people throughout my life. But it has always been through the Grace of GOD who pulled me out of my depression. I have always been willing to sink into my depression face first. But as is his way GOD had other plans for me and I just can't say no to him. I was blessed to have all who passed away in my life for how ever long GOD put them here. What if GOD put them somewhere else or me for that matter. In one case, I crawled into a bed with an 86 year old dying man I sang Christian songs to him. He curled up in my arms
    relaxed enough so he could go home to Jesus. Death is a part of life that turns into
    the rebirth of going home to the arms of Jesus.
  7. Anita posted on 05/13/2014 10:06 AM
    God Bless You Martha I will keep you in my prayers.
  8. Rachel posted on 05/16/2014 10:40 PM
    Thank you for being vulnerable and open to prayers from your listeners who appreciate YOUR prayers and now are honored to offer prayer in support of YOU! Prayers also for Christine in her grief, that she would feel Jesus' arms around her during this time (and always!)
  9. Webmaster posted on 05/21/2014 11:17 AM
    Martha had surgery this past weekend is currently recovering. - She’ll be sure to respond to your comments as soon as she’s able to!
  • The Pumpkin Parable

Every autumn I'm reminded of this parable when I see a pumpkin: "Being a human being is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc.Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts Read More