Jumping in!

Sochi . . . They make it look so easy.  I find myself watching the bobsledding thinking to myself. . .a few seconds of really hard running, then, you close your eyes for the rest of the event.  I can do that.  The ice skaters doing their “twizzles” look like so much fun.  It looks like something I could do.   Have you ever thought you could do something, then, quickly realized you were in over your head?

Middle School  Basketball Tryouts 89’. . . There I am trying out with all the other basketball players.  Dribbling, running, dribbling, throwing the ball, dribbling. . .just one thing. . .I don’t know how to play.  I tried to hide in the clump of girls running frantically back and forth from one net to the other.  Maybe no one will notice that I don’t really know how to play.  I made it past day one (although I’m pretty sure everyone else did too).  Then, at the end of day two—the gig was up.  My name wasn’t on the “we noticed great potential in you, so, please come back” list.

I don’t know what I was thinking-- trying out for something that I had no idea how to play.  But I love the fact that my mom must have encouraged me to do so because I had some excitement for it. Although, basketball may not be for me, I feel that way about my relationship with Jesus.  Even though I don’t know what I’m doing and feel completely in over my head---I’m jumpin’ in!

I love what Lysa TerKeurst says to us, “As Jesus girls, we can’t let the naysayers in life drown out our excitement, our calling, and our assignments from Jesus.”

The naysayers want to distract us and knock us off course. But, God says, “Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain,” 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV)

1. Amanda posted on 02/20/2014 10:03 AM
    Thank you for this post and the verse it was everything I needed to hear right now.
  2. Janet Evans posted on 02/20/2014 11:32 AM
    Hi I was listening to the radio yesterday, and an ad came on about debt consolidation or something to the sort. I didn't catch what it was all about, but it was something about saving a lot of money by doing this service. I know this is really lacking in information for you, but if you could give me something to go on I might get it figured out. It was an 800 number, but I was driving so couldn't write it down, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and God bless you all. Janet Evans
    1. Webmaster posted on 02/24/2014 10:43 AM
      @Janet Evans Hello Janet - I believe the ad you heard was for Advantage Legal Group. If so, you can find their contact info here: http://localpages.spirit1053.com/pages/business_details/listing_details/details/48187263-advantage-legal-group
      and here: http://advantagelegalgroup.com/
  3. Angela Mahabir posted on 02/20/2014 02:50 PM
    Hi Amy,Thank you for the inspiring message.we have to show faith in action.Jesus calls us to be fruit bearers.we can't grow fruit staying in our comfort zone, we have to go out on a limb just like fruits that grows on a tree, it bears fruit on the Limbs! Angela
  4. kathy posted on 02/21/2014 10:02 PM
    Dear Amy I love your radio station I am 62 year's old but very young in heart. I was saved when I was 25 year's old. I cannot imagine my life without the lord being in it. We have two beautiful daughter's who are grown and married. They know the lord too. My family are not Christian's but my husband's family are. This summer I am going on a construction mission trip which should be quite an adventure. I have been on other trip's. The Lord gives us the strength and faith to do what we think we cannot do in our human strength. Thank you for everyone who work's at the station and encouragement. Kathy Isaacson
  5. MicheleN posted on 02/25/2014 10:25 PM
    Thank you, Amy, for the reminder that Jesus does not call the equipped. He equips the called! He calls us, empowers us, makes us passionate and enlivens the gifts He has endowed in our lives! Thank you for being passionate with your gifts and bringing Him honor daily!
  • Verse of the Day - 12-18-2014

Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Read More
  • Opa! Time To Find That Passport!

SPIRIT 105.3 is heading to the Greek islands to retrace the footsteps of the Apostle Paul. Your bible will come to life as we explore the ancient land where Paul made missionary journeys. I have never been to Greece so I’m very excited to share this amazing journey with you. I’m brushing up on the Greek language as we speak. ;-) Read More