The Responsibility of Transformation

Romans 12:2

We all go though seasons in our life that pushes us to grow. There is no bigger growth than the one when you decided to follow Christ.

I was raised in a Catholic family and knew of God, went to church and Sunday school, but I never truly knew what it meant to have an intimate relationship with Him, His son and the Holy Spirit.

My transformation began four years ago when I decided to check out a little, non-denominational church in Edmonds. The sermon that day was about The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-28). A light went on! I knew God gave us our talents and abilities, but the part I was missing was that we are supposed to use them to glorify Him. We shouldn’t hide these talents or bury them in the sand. That’s when the idea of working at SPIRIT 105.3 was born. I didn’t know it at the time but that sermon changed the course of my life.

I dove into learning everything I could about Christianity and how it applied to my life as a new mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend and career woman.  I found some great women mentors at the church. They ultimately helped lead me to my salvation. I accepted Christ into my heart on March 23, 2012 and I will be baptized this Easter.

Although I am closer to God and have an intimate relationship with Him, my transformation is far from complete. I am in the season of what my pastor would say is, “Character Transformation.” I want good character to become second nature.  Transformation can happen through the way of indirection or training.  As a metaphor, it’s like the famous pilot, Sully Sullenberger, whose thousands of hours of training paid off when two of his main engines died because a flock of geese flew into them. He had to make a quick decision. Captain Sully decided in a split second to land the plane in the Hudson River. He didn’t have time to pull out the owner’s manual to figure out what to do. He had to rely on his years of experience and training. It had became second nature to him.

Our “owner’s manual” is the Bible. Discipleship is sometimes three steps forward two steps back, but you have to keep on going. My responsibility of transformation comes from discipline, obedience, solitude, worship, service, prayer, study, simplicity, confession, guidance, meditation and love.

Let God continue to do good work in all of us!

Philippians 1:9-11

Love,  Ana

1. CarolN_2 posted on 03/13/2013 10:38 AM
    So true! And how exciting that you'll be baptized on Easter -- what a joyful day that's going to be!
    1. Ana K posted on 03/14/2013 07:28 PM
      @CarolN_2 Thank you Carol! It's such a blessing to be at SPIRIT 105.3 I'm so thankful for people like you! :) Happy Easter!
  2. AshleeM posted on 03/13/2013 10:40 AM
    Ana,
    Our small group has been following a Book/DVD series called Holy Ambition by Chip Ingram. It is how to turn God shaped dreams into reality. It shows how to prepare for and engage ourselves in the work of the Lord. For those of us searching for how we can be used, this is a great book. I am glad you found your spiritual gift and that you are able to apply it in your life. You are a blessing to us listeners. God Bless
    1. Ana K posted on 03/14/2013 07:36 PM
      @AshleeM Ditto....you are a blessing to my life! Thank you for the book idea. I will check it out.
  3. cindae posted on 03/13/2013 10:59 AM
    I sense from your input that you are a special person and that God has great plans for you. My prayers are with you as you a baptized this Easter. Often as Christians, our earthly road is difficult. Never give up and never give in. For the blessings of our God will outweigh the burdens of this world. At the end of our days, when we take the hand of God...we will know it was worth it.
    1. Ana K posted on 03/14/2013 07:44 PM
      @cindae Awww thank you! I owe all my special gifts to Him and you are right the road is not always easy. In fact, I was in a very broken place right before I was saved last year. God is working in my life like I never knew he could. I am blessed by SPIRIT 105.3 and by people like you. Thank you for your kind words and your wisdom.
  4. Cheryl LeeM posted on 03/13/2013 11:48 AM
    Hi Ana, It just helps me as a Christian to keep asking people if they want to go to Church with me....One of my Greatest Gifts that the Lord gave me is the gift of Evangelizing however, I struggle alot sometimes because of all the demands of the times we are in with the World. Your Testimony of hearing that Service and Accepting Christ as your Lord & Savior just gave me a lot of Hope this morning to keep on keeping on. I am 54 years old this April and I got saved when I was 7 years old and Although there is a lot more to my life since then it has never been a boring Life...Now am a Survivor of Cancer going on four years now.... I got Thyroid Cancer in 2009 and have been going thru alot in the last four years. My Dad passed right before I was diagnosed with Cancer and then my Older & Only Sister passed away the beginning of 2012. My dear Mother is 89 years young I also have Three Brothers and Thank God for Courage to Ask people to Church and to give my Testimony to them so that they can know him. God Bless you, & Happy Easter! Cheryl Lee McColm
    1. Ana K posted on 03/14/2013 07:53 PM
      @Cheryl LeeM Thank you Cheryl for sharing your heart. What an amazing journey you have been on. You are stronger than you know and God is working in your life too!! Thank you so much for sharing your struggle.The road is never easy in this broken world but if we stay close to Him the Kingdome we get to be a part of will be more beautiful than we can imagine. Keep on keeping on Cheryl....you are a blessing to many people. :)
  5. SueV_0870 posted on 03/13/2013 12:34 PM
    I am proud of you, Ana. I was so happy when I discovered your move to SPIRIT after listening to you at "the other station". May God bless you as you bring up your girls in a Christian home and you grow spiritually together.
    1. Ana K posted on 03/14/2013 08:46 PM
      @SueV_0870 Awwww thank you Sue....you are so sweet. I'm so honored and blessed to be a part of the SPIRIT family. God is doing some amazing things in my life and it is lifting up our whole family. You are a blessing; it's an honor to be your sister in Christ. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.
  • Unbalanced Loads

The other night, I was spending a quiet evening relaxing alone at home, when all of sudden I heard a loud clanking noise downstairs. My first thought was “What in the world did my cats knock over that would make such a racket?!” Then I realized that the kitties were upstairs with me. They had wide eyes and cautiously crept into the hallway to peer through the banister railings to investigate what was making such a clatter. Read More