Let Me Tell You About My Cat

I didn’t know it would affect me so deeply… when our cat Buddy failed to recover after an 8 day illness and passed away just over a week ago.

Every cat is different. Buddy was attentive, even conversational. I’d say “meow” to him every morning and he’d reply the same. He liked to camp out behind the computer monitor when I worked. Can’t say I was fond of him napping on the keyboard, which always changed the settings on my PC. He slept in my lap many a time over the years, especially in an emotionally difficult season of life.

I don't know that God promises us we'll see our pets again, but knowing His profound nature of love, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if I’ll be conversing with Buddy again someday.

Thank you Lord… for the gift of Buddy,

1. LoriJ_4 posted on 07/04/2012 06:53 AM
    Larry,
    I am so for your loss. Our pets become family members to whom we have great bonds with. Cats have their own unique ways of working their way into our hearts. I volunteer at a no-kill cat rescue and each cat is very different and wonderful. I like to believe that we may be reunited with our pets as well. They are a part of God's wonderful creation and a true gift! Buddy is a very handsome guy. God bless you and your family!
    Lori
    1. Larry Lomax posted on 08/08/2012 09:21 AM
      @LoriJ_4 Thanks fir your thoughtful comment, Lori
  2. knorman posted on 07/04/2012 08:01 AM
    I am sorry that you lost such a dear friend. Pets are part of the family and I do hope to see and talk with my cats once again also. I like to think that we gave our cats long and happy lives while we had them and they would want us to offer that chance to another cat once we feel strong enough. Thank you for giving Buddy so much of God's love while you had him.
  3. DavidJ_4 posted on 07/04/2012 08:21 AM
    Larry, I have had long discussions with friends about the fate of our beloved animal friends. I believe our King and Creator loves them very much. Of course, their fate is not known to us, but Ecclesiastes shares an important truth: Ecclesiastes 3:19-21

Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

I've heard argurments that God did not create animals in His own image, so they will not be saved. But, animals have never been in need of saving. All will be revealed in the end, and we will then know His wisdom. I believe that it is not a false hope to see our pets again.
  4. BROOKEM_6974 posted on 07/04/2012 09:36 AM
    Thank you for sharing Larry. The prayers and thoughts from everyone has been helpful. Our God gave me 6 extra years with Snoop...as he was diagnoticed with a tumor and given less than 1 year to live. 18 years is more than gift but a true blessing! I do believe that all of gods creatures go to heaven. I just wish god would take him in his sleep so I don't have to put him to sleep. Either way Snoop will be reunited with my Dad in heaven which will make them both happy as I know they've missed eachother over the past 6 years. God bless!
  5. SharonB_9 posted on 07/04/2012 10:05 AM
    We lost our beloved Sassy about 1 and 1/2 years ago...she was 16 years old...they become our family members. So sorry for your loss. Keep the happy memories of your Buddy! I do believe we will see them again in our next life. God Bless you and your family. God Bless America and Happy 4th of July to all.
  6. Robin OlsonO posted on 07/04/2012 11:35 AM
    I am so sorry to hear about Sassy. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now since our pets are part of our family. They are someone that we look forward to seeing when we come home and they are there to comfort you.

I do believe in my heart that we will one day see our pets again and be able to converse with them.
  7. BillT_3 posted on 07/04/2012 12:05 PM
    My wife and I hve no children, but our two puppies are like the children to us. I know the loss is devestating. This will be a sad time and the heart filled with LOVE is content. I know that one day all of my joys will be again with me in Heaven. The same for you.
  8. SharonC_12 posted on 07/04/2012 03:20 PM
    Loving all Beings is why we are here. Learning forgiveness, grace, and love extends to all of God's creation. Compassion towards all beings is necessary. Those with a tender heart, can put themselves in the place of others, feel their suffering and try to alleviate it. Our companions life spans are shorter than our own. The love we share, communicating from one species to another, is as a wave in the ocean. Sorry for your loss.
  9. AleciaN posted on 07/04/2012 05:37 PM
  10. LauraP_13 posted on 07/04/2012 07:10 PM
    My deepest condolences, I'm right there with you. On June 22nd my 15 1/2 year old Allegra lost her 20 month battle with cancer. I miss her deeply, but I am thankful that the Lord allowed me to have her 14 months longer than the Drs thought she would live.
    My thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family
    1. Larry Lomax posted on 08/08/2012 09:28 AM
      @LauraP_13 Like you, Laura, I thank God for the gift of Buddy in my life.
  11. DewayneR posted on 07/05/2012 10:41 AM
    LIke that you shared. Sorry to hear about Buddy's passing. My cat is my family.
  12. KathyI_7704 posted on 07/19/2012 08:52 PM
    Dear Larry, I am so sorry to hear about your cat passing away. We have two cat's and it was my husband's idea to get the second one, which was amazing since he has never been an animal lover. Our older one is named Princess which I got to pick out the name. She is grey, black and white. Our second one he named which is named Spot. I call her our little nut and she is truly crazy in the thing's she does. My heart goes out to you and your loss. Love Kathy Isaacson
    1. Larry Lomax posted on 08/08/2012 09:26 AM
      @KathyI_7704 Thanks, Kathy... I hope your new kitty continue to bring joy for you
  13. PandoraH_2 posted on 08/01/2012 01:06 PM
    Larry, I am not looking forward to the day when I lose one of my pets (family members). I do know that there will be animals in Heaven but whether God in His mercy will let us have former family members I don't know. Lean on Him during this sad time.
  14. JanetF_2 posted on 09/22/2012 08:45 AM
    I so very much feel your loss. I had a yellow-red cat back in the '70s who litterly took care of me when I was so ill I couldn't move. Then in the '90s I had another yellow-red cat who was a loving and close companion. Both lived for upwards of 15 years and are still greatly missed. I believe that God matches pets (both cats and dogs) to the people who really need their special kind of love. Pets give love unconditionally and through that we have much learning to do. God loves us unconditionally and I think that He uses pets to help teach us that truth.
    God bless.
  15. mistyd_9778 posted on 09/25/2012 05:20 AM
    Larry, so sorry for your loss. we've lost 2 dear cats as well in the past few years. my heart feels for you. your cat buddy looks just like one of our dearly departed cats. oh, how the memories flashed back when i was the picture. buddy, was truly a gift from God as all pets are. they have unconditional love. My prayers are with you.
  16. ShannonD_7633 posted on 09/27/2012 12:35 PM
    Hi, Larry,
    I am so sorry for your loss.... A special pet is a special gift from God, showing us about ourselves, God, His creations, and His great love for us. You and your family will be in our prayers... The good news is: our animals are in Heaven and you will see Buddy one day again....What a happy reunion! In the meantime, I pray you are comforted with warm and joyful memories of your Buddy.

With sympathy and support,
  • Verse of the Day - 12-21-2014

Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" Read More
  • Opa! Time To Find That Passport!

SPIRIT 105.3 is heading to the Greek islands to retrace the footsteps of the Apostle Paul. Your bible will come to life as we explore the ancient land where Paul made missionary journeys. I have never been to Greece so I’m very excited to share this amazing journey with you. I’m brushing up on the Greek language as we speak. ;-) Read More