Who do you picture when you think of a blogger? I’ll tell you who I’ve always imagined. A beautiful woman in her 20’s to 30’s, trim and energetic. She lives in a lovely home that is decorated in unique and fashionable ways. Her children are cute and well behaved, and her husband is ruggedly handsome and rich. She has boundless energy, works out, cooks gourmet dinners, and has an unlimited reservoir of awe-inspiring and artistic ideas to share.
The fact that I am now a blogger has forced me to rethink my preconceived ideas, BECAUSE:
* My 20’s and 30’s have already passed me by in a blur of child rearing and chaos.
*I am by no definition “trim” but like to think of myself as pleasantly plump (which sounds so much better than “cupcake destroyer”).
* My daily workout consists of me donning yoga pants and drinking coffee while I watch Food Network.
* I recently moved into a small home and my creative decorating ideas have thus far consisted of: Where else can I cram a box marked “miscellaneous”.
* And, my dinners? Let’s just say that the local pizza place knows me……really well.
* I personally think my husband IS ruggedly handsome so at least I have that going for me.
Instead of sitting in a tastefully decorated office while I write to you all, I am in my favorite recliner with a rather hideous embroidered bird pillow on my lap for a desk. I am typing this on a laptop my husband bought on Craigslist. I’m wearing a “past it’s prime” nightgown with pink roses on it, I have an awful respiratory flu and haven’t taken a shower in two days. This is as real as it gets!
Whichever type of woman you personify, we are sisters, you and I. We’re not perfect and we’re way past the point of pretending we are. We try to learn from our mistakes and, most of all, laugh at them! So, I invite you to put on your yoga pants, grab a cup of coffee and come join me for a chat. Who knows, there may be cupcakes involved.