Entet to Win Contests

Tell us what makes you smile and enter to win a Sonicare toothbrush!

SMILE WIDE℠!  It’s National Smile Month
Oral Health Tips from Delta Dental of Washington

June is National Smile Month.  It’s time to SMILE WIDE℠ and celebrate smiles of all shapes and sizes, including yours. 

Here are some ways you can celebrate your smile this month:

  • Brush for 2 minutes, twice a day with fluoride toothpaste that has the American Dental Association’s Seal of Approval. Think of your mouth in four sections: bottom left, bottom right, top left, and top right. Brush each section for 30 seconds.
  • Floss every day to thoroughly clean your teeth. Brushing only cleans 60 percent of your teeth surfaces. The remaining 40 percent is cleaned by flossing. Think of flossing as brushing between your teeth.
  • Schedule your next dental visit. Preventive care is essential to maintaining a healthy smile.  Your dentist helps protect your smile from oral diseases or treats it before there’s a serious problem.
  • Drink water. Sugary drinks like juice and acidic drinks like coffee erode tooth enamel and make them more susceptible to cavities. Choose water instead or follow a sugary or acidic beverage with water.
  • Limit snacking between meals. Frequent snacking, causes acid attacks that erode tooth enamel.  To protect your smile, drink water or brush after eating and snack smart. Cheese, apples, carrots, and nuts are tasty, smile-friendly options.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among children and 47.2 percent of U.S. adults have some form of periodontal disease.  Fortunately, they’re both preventable.  Practice these habits every day for a lifelong, healthy smile.

For more oral health tips, visit DeltaDentalWABlog.com.

CONTEST ENTRY DENIED
Sorry, This contest is unavailable.

Entering this contest signifies that you have agreed to SPIRIT 105.3's official contest rules.

  • Verse of the Day - 08/27/2014

    Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Read More
  • Unbalanced Loads

    The other night, I was spending a quiet evening relaxing alone at home, when all of sudden I heard a loud clanking noise downstairs. My first thought was “What in the world did my cats knock over that would make such a racket?!” Then I realized that the kitties were upstairs with me. They had wide eyes and cautiously crept into the hallway to peer through the banister railings to investigate what was making such a clatter. Read More

Most Recent Comment

  1. Unbalanced Loads

    Victoria said "Thank you Martha, for sharing that story! Very timely for me! God bless you!" Join the Discussion!