Tomorrow is National Day of Prayer and we’d love to ask you to join us in prayer for our country, our community and our families! Take a moment today to create a prayer list. If it feels overwhelming choose one area that is on your heart and focus your prayers there. We’d love for you to post your prayers in the comments here or we will have a prayer thread on our Facebook page on 5/3 as well. Join with us as we unite to pray!
1. #PRAY4UNITY IN AMERICA.
“Making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3
- The present spiritual crisis in America is calling us to pray for and take all necessary actions to come together as a nation.
- God is the only One who can bring unity, harmony, and oneness in America; therefore, we look only to Him in prayer.
- Call upon God to empower us to make every effort to live in unity, call for unity, and forward unity in America continually.
2.#PRAY4UNITY IN THE CHURCH OF AMERICA.
“Now I urge you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, and that you be united with the same understanding and the same conviction.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
- God is calling His church in America to unify upon the authority of the Bible and the centrality of Jesus Christ, the only Savior of the world.
- Ask God for thousands of local churches to unify as one body of Christ, agreeing together that God is our greatest need in America.
- Call upon God for Jesus’ Church in America walks in unity, harmony, and oneness, so His Church personifies, calls, and leads America to unity.
3.#PRAY4UNITY IN THE FAMILIES, WORKPLACES, COMMUNITIES, AND CITIES IN AMERICA.
“Also, the power of God was at work in Judah to unite them to carry out the command of the king and his officials by the word of the Lord.” 2 Chronicles 30:12
- God’s power upon us is the only source to unite our families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to our only King, Jesus Christ, who is not only the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but also the Prince of Peace who can unify us.
- Pray for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities. It is the spiritual energy that leads to forgiveness, reconciliation, healing, and unity.
4. #PRAY4UNITY AMONG ALL ETHNICITIES AND PEOPLE IN AMERICA.
“For he is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility.” Ephesians 2:14
- Since each of us is made in the image of God, we each bear His image regardless of the color of our skin or the uniqueness of our ethnicity.
- Through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, He has torn down the wall of division among all ethnicities and people.
- In God alone, we unify and live in peace with one another; standing as one people against all racial and ethnic division, denouncing it as sin and not God’s will for us.
5. #PRAY4UNITY THAT WE AGREE CLEARLY, UNITE VISIBLY, AND PRAY EXTRAORDINARILY FOR THE NEXT GREAT SPIRITUAL AWAKENING IN AMERICA.
“They all were continually united in prayer.” Acts 1:14
- Preceding the epic movement of God on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2, Jesus’ people were continually united in prayer together.
- Convict the church in America to wake up spiritually, agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next Great Spiritual Awakening in America to occur in our generation.
- Call upon God to bring spiritual awakening now in America shaping the future of America, just as the Great Spiritual Awakenings in our history have shaped our spiritual heritage as a nation.
HOW TO PRAY FOR THE SEVEN CENTERS OF INFLUENCE IN AMERICA
- Federal: Executive, legislative, judicial
- State: Executive, legislative, judicial
- Local: Executive, judicial, police and first responders
- Divine protection
- Courage and dependence on God
- Leaders of integrity
- Creators of economic blessing
- Givers of resources to the community
- Gospel-centered in message
- Disciple-makers in mission
- Spirit-empowered to unity
- Return to the biblical model
- Reconciliation in broken relationships
- Restoration to love and unity
Resources from: http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/