We taught my 6-year old to say “Mic drop” one day over dinner. I think it was because we had used it in a sentence or a story and he really wanted to know what it meant. After he learned it he wandered around the house making everything a “mic drop” moment. (If you aren’t sure what “Mic Drop” means you can find out here!)
“Mommy, I’m going to clean my room. Mic drop.”
“It’s dinnertime. Mic drop.”
“Can we watch a movie? Mic drop.”
It was pretty funny and most of the time didn’t make a lot of sense, but you can get away with that when you are only 6.
Have you ever noticed that Jesus has some pretty good “Mic Drop” moments in the Bible? While I know he isn’t being boastful, I love that his words hit right to the truth and the core. He doesn’t mince his words. He just says it like it is. Sometimes we need these to keep us on track and moving forward – to give us that little kick in the butt. Keep these verses handy when you need a little truth boost!
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 – Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
- Mark 12:30 – And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
- Romans 8:1 – There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
- Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Boom. Truth. Walk in it today, hearing these words and verses about Jesus and the power they echo in your life. Believe, friends.