We’ve been talking around the office about being surrendered people. People that are surrendered to the will of Christ, to Christ, in relationship with Jesus. The Jesus of the Bible. We were created for such a time as this. Guys, the world isn’t going to get easier, safer, less complicated. It needs Jesus now. What are we going to do about it?
Here are a few ideas:
- Surrender. When you surrender to Christ you are given the holy spirit. Lean into that voice, listen. (John 14:26 – But the advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.)
- Think. The Bible can handle our questions. Dig in. Change the way you think by thinking like the Bible – not like the world, interested in only pleasing others.
- Choose. Make the choice daily to stay in the faith. Choose to open your bible, choose to pray, choose to be in fellowship and community, choose to walk with Jesus, in his will.
- Treat trials and temptations as a gift. This is not easy. (James 1:2-4 – Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- Trust him. God protects us and oversees us. (1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempated beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it)
Surrender first. The rest will come.
Friends, if you are looking for some encouragement on this journey, we’re so glad you are here. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter sharing joy, encouragement and life with you. Join us! Here are our top 5 posts this week.