Like PB&J, summer and learning CAN go together. AND, it can be fun. We’ve put together a list of learning activities that you can enjoy this summer with your kids. Beat boredom and keep their minds strong.Tell us what you think and add your own brainy-tips!
2. Science Experiments – There are just so many fun science experiments you can come up with to enjoy with the kids. We have a feeling you’ll be enjoying yourself too. Power of Moms & Science Bob have some ideas for you.
3. Smart Entertainment – There are a lot of great apps and shows these days that can offer some great education for your child. It’s okay to let your kids relax and, while it is important to set some limits, try to incorporate some of these ideas into your entertainment mix. What educational shows and apps do your kids enjoy?
- Best Educational Apps from Parent’s Magazine
- Educational books, activities & games from FunBrain
- PBS Kids has some great educational shows and games
- Popular Educational Website KidsKnowIt
- Get your kids excited about reading with Raz-Kids
- Fun space information from Nasa Kids’ Club
- Inspire your child to learn about the world with Little Passports
- Subscribe to Highlights Magazine
- Explore animals with National Geographic for Kids
4. Find a pen pal for your child. This is a great way to grow, share ideas, learn from others and discover new experiences.
5. Creativity! Let your child have fun and grow creatively. Finger paints, activity books, chalk on the sidewalk, beading, scrapbooking, and the list goes on. Have fun! Stop over to a craft store and let your child pick out some fun things.
6. Outdoor Exploration. Grab a magnifying glass and a bug catcher and explore the world around you. Not into bugs, check out the birds, wildlife, trees and plants that are in your yard or on a nature trail. Keep your eyes open. You never know what you’ll see.
7. Neighborhood Theatre – cultivate relationships in your neighborhood and have the kids create a theatre perfromance. They could even sell tickets and give the money to charity! Write the script, practice the show and have a good time.
We’d love to get your ideas as well so please add to our list. What are some ways you keep your kids learning in the summer months?