I didn’t grow up with my biological dad, but my step-dad filled the role with ease. I think we can all relate to these life lessons. Thank you, dad! I hope this father’s day you are celebrating in heaven. Your legacy lives on.
- If you see a ball crossing the street a child is likely to follow. Wait.
- Don’t say you are going to do something and never follow through. Reliability is important.
- Actions have consequences – good or bad.
- Do the things people you love like even if you don’t understand why.
- It is important to say these words outloud: I’m Proud of You. I love You.
- Help people. Always put other people first.
- Money doesn’t make you happy. People do.
- Don’t have regrets. Don’t wait. Say what you need to say. Do what you need to do. You don’t know when your last day will come.
- Follow your dreams. Be who are you. Embrace your unique gifts. Be proud of them.
- Show up. Don’t sit on the sidelines. Get in the game.
I’d love to hear the life lessons your dad pssed down to you. Let us know in the comments!