Spring has finally blossomed and that means it is time to go outside and have some fun. Go get a fresh breath of air on your bicycle. Grab a few friends and explore nature, but remember to be safe. Whether it is in the city on a road or in the woods on a trails. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe this spring, Powered by GEICO.
1. This spring and summer, always ride with at least one hand on the handlebars. Carry books and other items in a bicycle carrier or backpack.
2. Wear a helmet – it is the single most effective safety device available to reduce head injury and death from bicycle crashes. This is a bicycle safety tip for you and your family this spring.
3. See and Be Seen- Whether daytime, foul weather, or at night, you need to be seen by others. Always wear neon, fluorescent, or other bright colors when riding day or night, and something that reflects light, such as reflective tape or markings, or flashing lights. Remember, just because you can see a driver doesn’t mean the driver can see you.
4. When biking with your family this spring and summer, be sure to follow the rules of the road like other vehicles.
5. This spring and summer, before riding, inflate tires properly and check that your breaks work.
Here is a list of a few bike trails to go ride.
Burke Gilman Trail:
Length: 14 miles
Location: Bothell to Seattle
Length: 2.8 miles
Location: Green Lake
Length: 2.4 miles
Riverside State Park
Length: 7.2 miles