Mark your calendar! Our open house is coming up on Feb 2nd. We hope to see you there.
While an open house doesn’t require too much prep work, it may be helpful for you to think a bit about some questions you may ask. Private education is a big financial commitment and we want to help you make the right choice.
What to Prepare Ahead of Time
- Do your Research. It’s okay to check things out online and examine school profiles. Talk to other parents and see if the school you are checking out has made the news.
- Write down all your questions.
Sample Questions to Ask
- What is the school’s mission?
- Is this school implementing the Common Core State Standards? What is the curriculum?
- What are class sizes?
- What is your appropach to discipline?
- How do you keep kids safe?
- What is your philosophy on homework volume?
- What extracurriculars are available?
- Is bus service available?
- Is there PE or recess for students?
- What are some of the greatest accomplishments of this school?
- Does the school match my beliefs/goals for my child?
- Are teachers willing to work with parents?
When you are visitng the school keep in the mind the following:
- What do classrooms look like? How do they make you feel?
- What are the teachers like? Do they appear enthusiastic and/or knowledgeable? Are they interacting with students?
- Is it clean and well maintained?
- Does everything look safe?
- Do the grounds look inviting?
- Does the principal seem confident and interested in what is going on around them?
- Are staff members and parents interacting in a positive way?